Armasight Prometheus is the latest and most technologically advanced thermal monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Prometheus product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core, and is available in a variety of models – each optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for myriad uses and mission applications.
The Prometheus is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements.
The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of the Prometheus Thermal Monocular. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment night vision equipment, the Prometheus thermal imager is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools:
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC).There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Prometheus models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Digital E-Zoom: up to 4x
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output /optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Water and fog resistant, CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
- Made in USA
- Video Cable
- Battery Cassette
- Soft carrying case
- Lens Tissue
- Two Lithium batteries CR123A
- Refresh Rate 60 Hz
- Magnification 1.6x
- Objective Lens Type Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format 336×256
- Pixel Size 17 µm
- Display Type LED VGA
- Pixel Display Format 640×480
- Display Brightness Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max 3 sec
- Digital Zoom 1x, 2x, and 4x
- Image Palettes White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom
- Video Recording Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot
- Remote Control Wireless
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – “CONTRAST” Yes
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS” Yes
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE” Yes
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – “SKY/SEA” Yes
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC) Yes
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) Yes
- Objective Focal Length 25 mm
- Objective F-number 1:1
- Field of View (ang.) 13° x 10°
- Focusing Range 5m to inf.
- Diopter Adjustment Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range ±5 diopter
- Battery CR123 Lithium 3V (2) or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)
- Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F) up to 3 hr (optional up to 10 hrs)
- Extended Battery Pack Optional Extended Battery Pack with rechargeable batteries (up to 7 hours) or 6 VDC/ 0.6_? external power source
- Operating Temperature -40° to +50°C (-40° to +122°F)
- Storage Temperature -50° to +70°C (-58° to +158°F)
- Recoil Resistance 700g
- Environmental Rating Water and fog resistant
- Overall Dimensions 180 x 68 x 62 mm (7.1 x 2.7 x 2.4 in)
- Weight (w/o Batteries) 0.48 kg (1.1 lbs)
- Warranty 3 years
- Warranty on FLIR detector 10 years